Re: Oxalate Potassium doesn't remain dissolved

From: Harald Leban (hleban@telering.at)
Date: 05/16/01-05:16:14 AM Z

The Potassiumoxalate we use correctly is the di-Potassium-oxalate and should
have a pH around 6,5-7,0.
If it is on the acid side the solubility is bad and you cannot reach a 30%
solution - because of the free acid. The second disadvantage is that the
developement speed slows down and most of the sensitizer is washed away from
the paper surface before the image could build up ( because free oxalic
acid works like a clearing bath)

You can adjust the pH with Potassiumhydroxide or Potassiumcarbonate
solutions from the acid side or with Oxalic acid or Sulfuric acid from the
alkaline side.

Harald