Re: 2 squares meter print

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/18/01-08:06:46 AM Z

nze christian wrote:
> ... I make a big mistake it is 4 square meter and it will be a 2 by 2
> meters square.

Strangely enough, that is what I though you intended.

But now I just remembered this:
Most fabric comes in bolts 44-45 inches (1.12 - 1.14 meters) wide or
55-60 inches (1.40 - 1.52 meters) wide. However wider sizes are
sometimes available by special order and/or at a premium price. Canvas
comes in wider sizes, but will have a rougher surface and likely use
even more coating chemistry (fabric takes 2.5 to 3 times that of
paper). If canvas is used make sure it is 100% cotton and without any
coating such as gesso. Canvas may also have lumps in it which will make
contact difficult.

Using a seam may cause difficulty with making a good contact for
printing. An alternative might be to sew the two pieces of fabric
together after they are each printed. Paper can also be seamed together
after printing. (Make a bevel cut so the paper has a lap type joint.
Ansel Adams explained this in one of his books discussing mural prints.)

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/