Re: CK's question re: color neg. film

From: Craig Koshyk (chiendog@pangea.ca)
Date: 05/24/01-12:24:20 PM Z

Thanks to all who replied regarding film choice for my book project. You
have confirmed what I have been suspecting all along. One point that a
fellow dog photographer did make however is that I should shoot at least
some chrome of each type of dog to use as a colour reference. The coat
colour on some dogs can be tricky to get just right in a print, or on screen
unless you have something to refer to. (epecially the coat of weimaraners
which, depending on the light they are in can look grey, silver, taupe,
brown, blueish or tan). So I think I will shoot only colour neg film in my
two main cameras but load my little Yashica T4 with slide film for a few
quick colour reference photos.

And just in case you all think this is totally unrelated to Alt photo, let
me assure you that there will be a few pt/pd prints of dogs in the book as
well...taken on good old HP5 and Tri-X.

CK