Re: Color Negative Film question

From: Thor Bols (thorbols@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/24/01-09:35:20 PM Z

With all due respect, that is a little strange. And is there some kind of
reasoning behind your reluctance to accept my honest attempt to provide you
with information that you might actually find useful? If *I*, Thor, took
these pictures, they would mean something, have some weight, possess
"authority", but because they were taken by NASA, (an agency not known for
embracing sub-standard technology, by the way), you dismiss them, and ME
for having the temerity to bring them to your attention? Look, you mention
this "fringing: concept, and I point to to some evidence that clearly
demonstrates you are wrong. Some of these "satellite against the bright
clouds of earth" should have "fringing" and they don't. They don't take
THAT long to download.

Hey, since you are obviously an open-minded person, and a fellow "seeker of
truth", I'll go the extra distance: this weekend I'll rent a D-1 from
Calumet (in Chicago, where I have the misfortune to be temporarily confined)
for the outrageous price of $195/day, and I'll point it at some backlit
trees, take the images back to my hotel room and look for "fringing". If
you are right, I'll say so right here!

Something tells me, though, that you've already made up your mind.