Re: Color Negative Film question

From: Thor Bols (thorbols@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/25/01-08:57:42 AM Z

Perhaps it is because English is not my first (or second, or third)
language, or perhaps it is because of the brevity required by e-mail, but I
am confused by your attitude and your insistance that I know nothing about
this field. I have not posted a resume, and neither have you. In fact, I
have used digital cameras and backs for a number of years. I have taken
hundreds of digital photographs, and am well experienced in the both
advantages and limitations of digital imagery. I have used both the D-1 and
the 660, but in a scientific setting that did not include "backlit trees"
that you consider the end-all requirement for proving adaquacy in digital
photography. In the past, I have experienced magenta fringing and other
undesirable artifacts in digital shots, but not with the D-1 and the 660.
Contrary to your belief, it is NOT an unacceptable request to ask YOU to
back up your claim. Clearly it is *YOU* not *I* that is speaking from
ignorance in this matter.

Never did I factor YOUR financial considerations into my suggestions that
Mr. Koshyk consider a digital camera for his project. I simply posited that
a digital camera might be a possiblity whose time has come. The negative
comments from yourself and others seemed to be referencing dated anecdotal
information, derived from experience with older, less capable and
sophisticated technology.

As far as renting a camera this weekend, I'm out of luck: the camera stores
have already rented all of the available equipment, so it looks like I'm
doomed to lug the big Canham through this bleak, depressing city. Maybe
next weekend.