Re: Re: skanz (was Re: Piezography Product info)

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/28/01-04:11:36 PM Z

>>When's the last time you saw an ad for Ektalure? Kodak's marketing is
>>nonexistent for these products. They used to put paper samples in the
>>photoguides. At least that let people know they had choices. Now all
you see
>>are ads for inferior RC materials.

A long time, but I seldom see ads for other currently manufactured
materials, either. I know they use to provide sample books - I have one
with some 60 8 x 10 samples, as well as a bookshelf full of sample books
from other vendors. But that was in a time when far more people did their
own work.

I do not much like RC paper much, but fortunately, it is still made. Not
like it use to be, though. Remember when Kodak offered Graded papers from
#0 to 6?, Too bad things have changed, but thats the marketing these
days.

HCM