Re: Platinum/Paladium testing

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 11/03/01-12:32:38 PM Z

<< Yesterday I shot some 4x5 color film
 (Kodak Vericolor III) in an indoor situation that would require N+1
 processing if it had been Tri X. Can you ask your photo lab to
 process color film at N+1? If so, what do you say? Like, by what
 percentage do you ask them to increase the development time. Or is it
 even an issue with color film? >>

Shannon,

There are some color negatives that are designed to allow push processing (I
don't remember which one, but if you cannot find the information, I can find
it for you). Others might not be that suitable for push processing.

That said, I have done it many times for others. If you bring the negative to
a custom color lab and ask them to push 1 stop, they'll know the time.
Pushing one stop is of course not a technically-right term, but that's the
term they use too.

Dave S