Re: POP and gold toner

From: M Rueff (rueff@ncrvnet.nl)
Date: 11/04/01-02:26:09 AM Z

Shannon wrote:

> I don't have running water yet where I print, so I just "rinse" by
> rocking the tray in a tray of water for a minute. Could that be the
> problem? Maybe I need to change the water for each print. Or change
> it even during the one minute rinse?

I have an excerpt from "Aristotypes and How To Make Them" (Walter E.
Woodbury, 1893) which may throw some light on this subject. Unfortunately
I'm not (yet) in the possession of a scanner, so I can't send it to you as
an attachment or by E-mail. If you have a fax-machine I can fax this to you.

Much useful information on this and on the different P.O.P.-printing
processes can be found in "The Albumen & Salted Paper Book" (James M.
Reilly, 1980) and in "Historic Photographic Processes" (Richard Farber,
1998)

Michael (rueff@ncrvnet.nl)