Re: Cyanotype tests with two different metal halide lamps

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 11/11/01-09:30:26 AM Z

Hey Ed and Sandy,

It would appear from the spectral charts at olec that the manufacturer's
specs are geared towards either diazo or photopolymer materials. Since
the photopolymer bulbs have a wider spectrum and greater output in the
alt-photo materials range(?), why isn't the olec 1261 a better choice if
one could choose an "all around" bulb? It has less of a monster peak
around 400nm, but it has a better output both low (360-380) and high
(405-410) and drops to a very low output on the very low (and more
dangerous) UV spectrum.

Also, I'm searching for a spectral analysis of the Burgess/Ascor 1406-1
and 1406-2 bulbs if anybody has that info. I picked up a nice exposure
unit for the big UM campus which uses this light and I might sell my
1500W Violux if the spectral coverage is equal or close.

--
Darryl Baird