Re: Cyanotype tests with two different metal halide lamps

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 11/11/01-03:15:17 PM Z

Ed,

Yes, you are right on the calculations. The reason for the
discrepancy for the absolute speed point is that the first maximum
black in my testing with the MH unit in Mode A was an imaginary step
#8.5 (in other words, there was only a tiny difference in density
between step #8 and step #9 but I elected to call maximum density as
step #8, then made the calculation back to step #1 for full speed).
This fact explains the difference between my first calculations for
four full stops, and your calculations below. The same is true for
Mode A, ie, the actual maximum density was at an imaginary step #6.5,
beyond six but less than seven!

I hope this is clear. Fact is it confuses me in trying to explain it.

Sandy