Re: Spectral Sensitivity of Pt/Pd

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 11/14/01-02:09:45 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Sandy King wrote:
>> I am really surprised that there is no information on the spectral
>> sensitivity of Pt/Pd coatings. Like you I have been unable to find
>> anything on the subject.
>
>Sandy, I KNOW I've read that it's 414 nm but can't remember where. KOL?
>Anyway, that's what the boys at ICP said when they got the AQA bulbs. Did
>you talk to Voltarc?
>
>J.

Judy,

Well, assuming the SA tubes do in fact print faster with Pt/Pd than
the BL, as many experienced platinum printers claim, the peak
sensitivity must be somewhere around 414. But the SA tubes ( and I
tested two of them, one by URI and another from Hamilton
Technologies) definitely print slower with all of the processes I
have tested. But I don't do Pl/Pd.

And yes, I talked to Voltarc and received some spectral distribution
curves from them for a number of their aquarium and habitat tubes. I
don't have the one for the AQA, but from from other literature it
appears to be very similar to the SA.

Sandy