Re: Zimmerman's gum process

From: pete (temperaprint@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 11/14/01-08:04:14 AM Z

on 13/11/01 1:01 am, Judy Seigel at jseigel@panix.com wrote:

> Peter wrote:
>
>> Keith, I have used Mars Black for a number of years coming to the same
>> conclusions as you, re lamp and ivory. Mars black works very cleanly for me
>> and is slightly warm in colour
>> --
>
> I think Keith is right to ask which brand (tho no guarantee with any of
> them if your other ingredients are different). I tried something
> called "Old Holland" (I think a well known brand with a cutesy marketing
> strategy in US) Mars Black, also their Sheveningen Intens Black, in a fit
> of trying every black there was. NG.

Judy and Keith

I use a egg-dichromate system printed on a plastic substrate, so my results
maybe different to yours. Most of the time I work with acrylic paint Binney
and Smiths acrylic artists concentrated colours in small bottles, however
sometimes I prefer a powder paint then I use Corneilsons powder colours
which are very pure and the same time cheap. Incidentally they also sell
mars, yellow ,violet and red ochre. Colours I often use for Mediterranean
subject matter

Pete