RE: Toning with TEA????

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 11/16/01-10:32:31 AM Z

Heather, et al-

Okay, Okay! I'll try it. It just so happens I've got a carton of Luzianne
Family Tea Bags in the pantry. As Burl Ives said, "It doesn't get cloudy."

Could some of you post more specifics around the tea process? Like how
much, for how long, with what papers? -any additives (you know, oxalates, or
metals. . . sugar/honey/lemon. . . ;~> )? And what about fixing/clearing
(I've heard 7-Up works-but really. . . )?

Also, I'd be really curious as to the actual chemical processes of tea
relative to silver, if anybody has a clue or pure speculation. I assume
there is no preservative function in tea-but I'm open to correction.

Given that the likes of Sally Mann and Tom Baril tone with tea-and that so
many of you are on with that-I'm certainly willing to give it a try!

Gotta go now-kettle's whistling!

Hasta,
John