Re: new zero 4x5 pinhole

From: jamesromeo (jamesromeo@mac.com)
Date: 11/16/01-06:49:42 PM Z

DId you get this? I have had problems all day a lot of my email was not
recived ben on phone with earthlink all day just wanted to ck as you wanted
the info
James

Hi
The Horseman back is a 120 film back for a 4x5 view camera 6x12 is the
format which is a panoramic format. You get 6 negs per roll.I have ben using
mine for years on my view camera. It is a pan format and I only have to cary
the back and 120 film on location rather then a ton of 4x5 holders.
The problem is the price I bought mine about 10 years ago and it cost
$500.00 now I think thy are about $800.00. There are used ones around but
they would be around $500.00. It works great with the Zero and the 25mm
pinhole you get wide. Did you see the photo I used it with.
On the Zero you just put in in like you would the 4x5 film holder and put on
the rubber bands in the same why. You can youse the ones you get with the
camera but it is a good idear to use wider heaver ones. I do a lot of pan
work and use the Horsman with wide angle lenes on my 4x5. I aalso use a
Noblex.
You could allso use a Graphic roll film back on the Zero they have not be
made in a very ling time but there are a lot of used ones aound there is no
6x12 but you could use there 6x9. I used one would cost $100 to $150
depnding on shape and if it was a nobe or lever wide.
I love to work with pinhole have camers 35mm to 8x10 pinhole. The Zero 6x6
roll film camera is great.
Have fun let me know how you like your new Zero. Eny ? let me know
James