Re: New York Skyline

From: Tox Gunn (tox@remarque.org)
Date: 11/26/01-01:58:08 PM Z

As I understand things, the DC Park Police have prohibited the use
of tripods for several years, that this isn't recent. Their
policing may be a bit more enthusiatic now.

The stated hisstorical reason had to do with "professional
photographers", and, I assume, rights issues. Tripod use was
assumed to be an indicator of professional status.

A permitting process existed at one time to get around these
hassles, but I do not know if it still exists.

Tox