WATER PH?

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 11/27/01-05:54:35 AM Z

DEAR LISA,
    I have been following the "high B+F" thread with pyro developers. I am
assuming that everyone is using distilled water for mixing the stock
solutions and working solutions as well as the water stop bath. When I
first used PMK I made the mistake of using tap water and got a very high,
more yellow/orange B+F density and a much stronger overall stain density.
When I changed to distilled, I began getting the characteristic yellow-green
stain. I shoot mostly T-Max 400 and HP-5.
    CHEERS FROM BARBADOS!
                BOB KISS