Re: That nasty stain, was double dipping

jeffbuck@swcp.com
Date: 11/29/01-06:15:40 PM Z

SANDY: As a beginner in pyro and alt processes, I'm using PMK. I started
with it because of the suggestion that it is less quirky than the other
formulas. Would anyone else sitting in on this thread like to comment on the
general idea of PMK and pt/pd?? There's another thing, and this really kind
of drives me crazy: In their Platinum/Palladium Book, Sullivan & Weese
describe a very nifty homemade way of measuring density w/ a zone strip etc.,
the negative and two pieces of paper with small holes. You match the high and
low values of the negative to the corresponding densities on the strip, and
there's your density range, etc. etc. I loved the sound of this till I
realized this can't possibly work with a staining/tanning developer. I asked
Carl Weese about it, and he confirmed that it wouldn't work with pyro neg's.
Again (I'm quivering with rage), most densitometer's don't work w/ pyro neg's
either!! Besides, I can't think of anything that would be more fulfilling
that spending $600 on a densitometer.... See where I'm going here? Any
suggestions? -jeff buckels