Re: Loyalty

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 09/05/01-04:14:52 AM Z

>>I think it is true that your vision of Capitalism is
>>excessively cold and undesirable. It IS our world...
>>and we can make all of our lives more pleasent by
>>taking a slightly less selfish attitude.

Actually, it has always been the view of Capitalism. Manufacturers stop
production when the products fail to sell. Consider Technicolor.....
Stopped when "Better" (not my opinion) films came along. Clearly, a
vastly superior process to any color films ever manufactured or
manufactured today for that matter. Lack of interest, expensive and
faster results with modern films.

>>And your assertion may have legal implications, too. I
>>belive that there have been cases where a company may
>>be found obligatied to its customers... for a certain
>>period of time, at least.

In very few cases. The fact still remains, that the company offers many
different films and no consumer could argue that the discontinuance of
one film impacts them in any serious way. We could argue about
discontinuance of films all through Kodak's history. For example,
Kodachrome Prints and Sheet Film. If made today, would be undeniably
better than any existing sheet film.

As for Copy film - I liked it, but I get great results with other Kodak
Products, too.

HCM