Large format negatives

From: Graeme Lyall (graeme.lyall@ntlworld.com)
Date: 08/28/01-04:00:23 AM Z

I was thinking about making digital negatives for some alt processes - my
largest (functioning!) camera is only 5x4. I know this is common practice
but somehow does not appeal - for me it takes away some of the charm of
early processes. I could make myself a bigger camera, even if only a
pinhole, and I fell to thinking that perhaps I could make my own large
format film too. I know there are those working in collodion, but I'm
curious to know if anyone is using modern materials such as those intended
for use in inkjet printers, and coating them for use in the camera. I'd be
interested in any thoughts you may have!

Graeme Lyall
graeme.lyall@ntlworld.com