Re: Searching Archives

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 09/09/01-12:08:02 AM Z

Hi:

Its possible to restrict a search to the site that hosts the archive.

If one uses the google search engine (http://www.google.com) and appends
the search time with the text:

         site:http://members.nbci.com

IE entering

        carbon transfer site:http://members.nbci.com

in the search window should get all the messages with carbon transfer in
the archive.

There is a searchsite window at the bottom of the main page -but
unfortunately it does not use a complete database of the archive.

Gord

The search will be restricted to members.nbci.com - depending on what you
are searching for this should work

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Sandy King wrote:

> I wanted to do a search of the entire archive of the
> alt-photo-process list. So far I have only figured out how to do this
> by month or by the periods into which the archives are categorized at
> http://members.nbci.com/altphotoprc/
>
> Could someone tell me how to search the entire contents, that is all
> the archives, at once.
>
> Sandy King

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2