Re: Gold Toning VDB prints

From: FB (aikus@freemail.hu)
Date: 09/18/01-08:03:38 AM Z

I have not any experience about making the solution because
I got it as a ready stock solution from the
photochemical-shop (an one woman band type shop and labor in
Budapest).

Perhaps the second version was what I'm used (Na sulphite
and selenium) because the solution was not stinky (like the
Na sulfide).

As we now the selenium is a poison in the solution also, so
well ventilated workplace, protecting gloves, etc always
recommended.

This treatment changed the color of the mentioned POP from
yellowish to reddish. And the max. density is increased a
bit (less than gold toner can do).

With temperature of the solution you can also controll a bit
the color: colder is yellowish and warmer is purplish.

A suggestion: to prevent the density-eating effect of fixing
salt try it without ammonium chloride which is a silver
solvent in this receipt if I know well (Na sulphite also a
silver solvent but as I know it is necessary in this
solution - unfortunately all three version was created for
developing out papers which has much larger silver corns
inside).

Balint Flesch