Re: Looking for gum printers who use powder pigments

From: Richard Sullivan FRPS (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/19/01-11:41:48 AM Z

Brahama,

At 06:45 PM 9/19/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Thanks, Richard, for that illuminating text.
>

>You could order directly from Kremer in Germany via

>www.kremer-pigmente.de
>
>They started selling their pigments online. It's the company where
>sinopia buy most of their pigments. You'll get the exact same pigments
>for less than half the price.

That may be true for Kremer pigments that Sinopia sells but the prices I
found were 14.00 for 500 gm of lamp black at Sinopia vs 12.00 at Kremer for
burnt sienna vs 12.50 from Sinopia and 10.70 from Kremer.

For real fun we could try:

"Fra Angelico blue, lapis lazuli, clear blue.
Made according to the Cennino Cennini recipe"

for the lovely price of 5 gm for $157.00

Who says gum is cheap?

Sinopia has been a great help to me on the phone so I try to support them.
I have not tried to get help from Kremer and they could be very helpful as
well. So far Sinopia has been super in sending stuff quickly and
efficiently so I am sort of loyal for that reason alone.

Cheers

--Dick Sullivan