Re: paper

From: illovich (illovich@home.com)
Date: 09/24/01-09:22:18 AM Z

on 9/24/01 10:49 AM, Gordon J. Holtslander at holtsg@duke.usask.ca wrote:

> Of the limited papers available here I've had best success with Stonehenge
> white with cyanotype. I get really nice contrast with this and its not
> too expensive.

I also like Fabriano Uno Hot Press 140 lb, Bianco (White). You can get some
really stunning blue, because of the brightness of the paper. Of course,
there's no real texture to speak of, so you lose that aspect of hand applied
sensitizers.

Also, it can be had in 5 packs from Pearl Art Supply here in the US, which
are considerably cheaper than single sheets (around $18-20 for five vs.
$4.25 per sheet or so--prices based on my memory, not a catalog, so don't
hate me if I'm off)