Re: Clearing

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/25/01-02:52:29 AM Z

Hi witho,

Do you use tween 20 or any wetting agent?
If you do so, clearing is a little bit longer as the solution is more in the
paper.

If it isn't fog, you could also try a first acid clearind bath ( citric
acid, which would help to clear). then do your edta sulfite clearing bath.

For crane's paper you could get some from england, belgium, austria , it is
not so expensive.

You could get the addres of the retailler by going on this web page
http://www.crane.com/where-to-buy/

Amicalement

Nzé Christian
mailto:christian_nze@hotmail.com
http://www.c-nze.com

>From: Witho Worms en Jorien van Santen <verzet13@xs4all.nl>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: Re: Clearing
>Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 00:11:20 +0200
>
>Hi Jeff,
>
>I never had any problem clearing Arches in EDTA and Sodiumsulfite. As a
>matter of fact I was always using 1% EDTA and ˝% Sodiumsulfite. I keep it
>in
>trays and stays good for weeks. The problems arose this morning when I
>started to use fresh mixed solutions. Normally I would do that by using
>distilled water but for 'convenience's I had filled the empty bottle with
>demineralised water (to wash my brushes after use). Later I made a fresh
>solution of NaPdCl and that also stained. (with the same demineralised
>water) Tomorrow I will buy a bottle of distilled at the drugstore and see
>what happens.
>Concerning Arches I do find it a very difficult paper for DOP. Lately I
>also
>had in many problems concerning mottling. But there is nothing else
>available in Europe that prints as good as Arches. (Or in England and that
>is terrible expensive at the moment).
>If somebody has an European address for Cranes 90# I will be interested.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Witho

Téléchargez MSN Explorer gratuitement ŕ l'adresse
http://explorer.msn.fr/intl.asp