Re: Spectral density [was: Re: Inkjet transparencies ]

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 04/03/02-06:08:03 AM Z

Sorry, for some reason the quote function on my mail program didn't pick
up your first paragraph, which I meant to comment on:

Joe Smigiel wrote:

> [...]
window to UV, then as Jeffrey suggests, the sensitizer will be affected
regardless of the color of the ink. When I
tested the absorption spectra of ammonium dichromate a few years ago it
had very little absorption in the visible
wavelengths. >>>>>>>

I thought I'd read somewhere that dichromate has a secondary
sensitivity peak around 420; I take it that was not your observation?

the results poor compared to conventional negatives and inkjet negatives
produced using Cone piezography quadtone
inks (carbon based?).>>>>>

This is certainly consistent with what I've seen; although I haven't
tested the Cone inks, I got much better results with regular black ink
than with the colorized negatives for printing gum.
kt