Re: DeCosse prints

From: Keith Taylor (keithmtaylor@mac.com)
Date: 04/05/02-01:06:31 AM Z

Alejandro,
I coat the paper using a small spreader made from "velvet" wrapped
around a piece of plastic, 2" x 3". It's more of a synthetic velvet, if
that makes sense. For the larger prints it's just a matter of making a
larger version. I've used brushes which work OK for the smaller prints
but I just cannot make a rod/tube work for me. I did use a rod in
Britain which worked fine, but here in the USA, no way. The spreaders
are so easy to make in batches you don't have to worry too much about
cleaning them etc.
Can I tell the difference between prints? I guess the differences are
there if you look for them. A print from an in-camera negative 11x14 or
thereabouts will always be better ( or should be ) than a 3rd or 4th
generation image. But with careful working methods, choice of films etc.
it's possible to come extremely close.
Keith.
On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 12:22 PM, Alejandro Lopez de Haro wrote:

> Hi Keith:
>
> When you say that the prints are all platinum, are you brush developing?
>
> Congratulations on your forthcoming coauthoring portfolio.
>
> On another thought, can you tell the difference from a p/p prints made
> from
> a non-enlarged negative and one from an enlarged negative?
>
> Regards,
>
> Alejandro López de Haro

Keith Taylor
Minneapolis MN