Re: Gum - what am I doing wrong?

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 04/09/02-12:51:08 AM Z

> On 09/04/2002 09:27 Hamish Steward wrote:
>
> Ammonium dichromate is not recommended - used it for years myself until
> someone made me take a proper look. It stains much more than potassium is
> harder to clear out of the print. Use a 15% solution of potassium, its a
> little slower but gives cleaner results.

Max. solubility of pot. dichromate at room temperature is about 8%. How can you get a 15% solution?

I use ammonium dichromate 27% (slightly less than its maximun solubility) and yes, it stains. But a long soak in plain water overnight (one day after the complete dryness of the print) clears the print perfectly. I use to give more than 10 coats of different colours but in this way I am able to get rid of the yellow dicrhromate stain.

Alberto

http://spazioweb.inwind.it/albertonovo/index_eng.html
http://www.grupponamias.com/novo/index_en.htm