Re: Gum - what am I doing wrong?

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 04/09/02-04:32:13 AM Z

On 09/04/2002 12:29 Pete wrote:

> I have used a 1% solution of sulphuric acid to clear my TempaPrints for the
> past 15 years it clears as sweet as a bell no residual stain.

Well, I have used in the past pot. bisulphite 5%, or sulphuric acid 1%, or sulphuric acid 0,5%+sodium sulphite 0,5% (this last clears in a few seconds), but if the stain is really heavy the chemical methods leave a greenish or bluish tone.
So I prefer plain water and, if it reveals to be not sufficient, only at that poin I use the chemicals (the third one).

Alberto

http://spazioweb.inwind.it/albertonovo/index_eng.html
http://www.grupponamias.com/novo/index_en.htm