Re: gelatin coating

From: F. Wentzel (fotochemiker@yahoo.de)
Date: 04/10/02-01:58:13 AM Z

 --- Philippe Monnoyer <monnoyer@imec.be> schrieb: >

> I had similar results when I tried to size some
> papers w/ different
> gelatins or colloids. These little shiny specks are
> not bublles, but I
> am pretty sure (99 %) that they are actual gelatin
> microcrystals.

Gelatin "microcerystals"? I don't think so.

Examine them under a low power microscope... they are
look more like sheets of plastic cling wrap than
crystals...

Does Gelatin crystalize? I think what looks like
crystals are just crushed gelatin sheets which are
highly reflective...

Their
> crystalline faces reflect the light and give shiny
> specks. I don't
> remember who told me this and how to avoid that
> neither. If I don't
> forget, I will check in my gelatin science handbook.

If you do, could you tell me the name your handbook?

(I have never heard of gelatin crystals!)

FW

Sie brauchen mehr Speicher für Ihre E-Mails? - http://premiummail.yahoo.de