Re: Jed Perl

From: Alejandro Lopez de Haro (alhr@wanadoo.fr)
Date: 04/10/02-10:01:16 AM Z

Hi Shannon:

I wonder what Mr. Perl thinks of Vermeer use of the "pre-photographic
camera" (camera obscura) for all his work. Would he have complained on
Vermeer photographic composition?

When Mr. Perl writes: "Basically, Richter and Close have ceded the act of
creation to the camera." If he were to criticize Vermeer work, would he have
exchanged Richter and Close names for Vermeer?

Maybe he doesn't have either much good to say about Delacroix, Degas,
Courbet and Cézanne, whom all used photographs for their paintings.

Regards,

Alejandro López de Haro