Re: desktop negatives and banding

From: Andrew Darlow (andy@andydarlow.com)
Date: 04/11/02-11:37:23 PM Z

>>If it's what it sounds like, you've run into the "plow furrows of death"
>>that afflict some 1270s and not others. My personal printer was fine for
>>a long time then, suddenly, it started making those vertical density
>>rows. Don't know what you can do about it. Maybe someone else has a
>>suggestion.
>>
>>Like you said, it only shows up on transparent material, not reflective.

Hello:

>This has been reported on the 5500 as well, but mainly with the
>hi-speed option checked.

A few general things would be to make sure that your print head is in
the 9 position, then do a head cleaning and alignment. Also, keep
humidity as high as possible-definately over 30%.

Best of luck!

-Andrew Darlow

Photography, Digital Print Consulting and Custom Editions
Andrew Darlow Images International, NYC www.andydarlow.com
Author: Inkjet Tip of the Month Club (newsletter)