Re: Obtaning Silver oxide in the US

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 04/12/02-02:33:27 AM Z

> Does anyone know where to get Silver Oxide powder in the US? B&S and
> Photographers Formulary don't carry it.
>
> Thanks
> Jay

When I needed it, I found it considerably cheaper to buy silver nitrate
and use that to produce my own silver oxide by precipitation with
alkali and washing. I think you will find directions on the web - try at
the B&S web site.

However you will find Sigma-Aldrich list it, and probably other large
chemical suppliers if you can order from them.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com
My London Diary http://mylondondiary.co.uk/