Re: trees rule

From: epona (acolyta@napc.com)
Date: 04/12/02-09:09:14 AM Z

Jack Fulton wrote:

> Boy, what the heck school did you go to? Or are in now? Sounds very
> un-altruistic, too PM, off base, biased and filled with twerps for teachers.
> Leave 'em, sleave 'em, go on your own path and don't walk on asses-faults.
>
> I don't normally tout personal work . . yet, my lovely book, "2 Saunters:
> Summer & Winter, is primarily about trees. It contains 38 pages of color &
> b/w w/text sprinkled on the edges. If interested you know what to do.
> Jack Fulton

I went to the Massachusetts College of Art, where all the Photography
Department Professors have won at least one Guggenheim. I graduated in 1997. I
liked most of the teachers there....but they seemed to really want to push the
students in a particular direction. I understand the purpose of teaching
students how to say something, but I disagreed with their ideas of what was
unimportant to say. Of course, I was just a kid so I went along with it,
thinking whatever my profs said had to be correct. I made some good work, and I
made some crappy work, too. So it goes. I will admit that my work since
college seems to lack a cohesiveness (is that a word?) or a definite sense of
direction....It's almost like those five years of being pushed to say so much
has left the well a little dry....But as I get older and formulate more of my
own ideals and continue to build myself as a person and figure out who I am, I
may have more to say. Enough about me, I'm rambling....

Yes, Jack, I would love to see/perhaps buy your book. It always inspires me to
see others' pictures of nature, and I love trees.....

Thanks for the post,
Christine

--
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.  He to whom this