INJET PRINTERS AND SCANNERS ADVICE PLEASE

From: Hamish Stewart (hamish@gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk)
Date: 04/15/02-04:38:11 AM Z

Hi,

Just wanted to ask a general question of the list regarding inkjet printers
and scanners.

I am planning to make enlarged negatives for gum bichromate (have been
following the post on spectral density with much interest) and want to start
exploring the digital approach.

I have considered buying the epson 1290 (1280 in the US I think) and the
perfection 2450 scanner. I work with 6x6 negs and intend to enlarge up to
11"x14" or so. From what I have read on other lists and from some comments
here this may be adequate for my needs.

I am open to any suggestions from the list as this is a new area for me. All
comments are very much welcome.

Many thanks in advance!

PS I have already bought Dan Burkholders book

Hamish Stewart - Gum Bichromate Photographer - visit
<http://www.gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>
for gum bichromate images, technical information and links to recommended
resources on alternative photographic processes.
mailto:<hamish@gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>