Re: linen print material

From: Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: 04/15/02-10:10:18 AM Z

Though the Cachet & Luminos products are the only two I know of I've found
them similar.
There might be a slight chance Kentmere (in England) might make another
product. I believe they make the linen for Luminos.

Since you had not clarified why you dislike occurred using the Luminos
product it was difficult to discern what you were after. Ultimately, since
you didn't enjoy the texture, perhaps rough art textured doulbe weight photo
paper might work better.

You could also try the Cachet liquid emulsion and squeegee it on to a nice
fine cotton. The cotton should be washed first to remove any sizing, then
stretched while wet to something hard and smooth such as a sheet of 1/3"
window pane. If not, either Formica covered plywood or Masonite glued to
plywood would do. Use a window squeegee and put the emulsion (about 100ºF)
on the cotton and evenly coat the cotton.
You would need a space large enough to satisfy your size needs.