Re: Reduced Platinum Print Sharpness

From: Clay Harmon (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 04/20/02-04:25:50 PM Z

on 4/20/02 5:02 PM, Jeff Buckels at jeffbuck@swcp.com wrote:

> Clay and Others Looking In: Does this sharpness imparted by sunlight exposure
> work whether it is direct sunlight or "open shade" etc.? -jeff buckels

I'm stepping way beyond any direct knowledge here, but it would seem that
while direct sunlight should for all practical purposes be collimated since
the sun is in effect a point source at a great distance. Open shade on the
other hand would be more diffuse, since it is actually the result of
secondary reflection of light from other surfaces and scattered light from
the sky. What the actual effects are in printing, I am not sure. I'm an
indoors printer except for zia, which I rarely do unless the day is just too
nice.

clay