(fwd) Re: American Experience: Ansel Adams

From: John (john@darkroompro.net)
Date: 04/22/02-11:22:05 AM Z

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:39:44 -0600, Richard Sullivan <richsul@earthlink.net>
wrote:

John,

Note that at the very end there was a Sierra Club banner on the rolling
credits. Too fast to read the small print but I think it meant the Sierra
Club funded it.

So are we surprised that it was an ad?

The Sierra Club has an interesting history. It was a sort of Rooseveltian
Gentleman's Club and hardly a progressive organization, at least not in the
contemporary sense. Membership was restricted along racial and religious
lines which was not unusual for the time. of course times have changed.

I watched only parts of it and yes it seemed lacking and didn't get me
hooked. And with Sierra Club funding we are only going to get the religious
sanctified Adams and that was the case.

--Dick Sullivan