(fwd) Re: American Experience: Ansel Adams

From: John (john@darkroompro.net)
Date: 04/22/02-11:23:22 AM Z

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:12:28 -0700, Jack Fulton <jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu> wrote:

I 'forgot' to watch PBS's Adams show . . yet, Ansel might not have gained
the late-day fame he did if it were not his association w/the club.
Publishing Eliot Porter's book on the Glen Canyon area propelled his stock
immensely. Also, Turnidge's putting his work in auctions and in general
raising the price also placed him in the spotlight because photographs then
actually held value.
But, admittedly I didn't see the show.