RE: AA's infidelities

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/23/02-01:44:36 PM Z

At 02:50 PM 4/23/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Why can't we keep our noses out of others' private lives <snip>

It's the burden of becoming a legend. People want to know if the legend and
truth are in sync.

Weston's legend is in part that he was a womanizer. Charis's revelation
clarifies a portion of that. True to Hollywood form he did sleep with some
of his models but in this case, untrue to form, he was not the initiator.

The "tee hee" snicker snicker aura surrounding artists and models goes back
beyond photography but for some reason photographers suffer from it a lot
more. Probably for good reason.

I once as at the home of a famous movie star at a small party when one of
the guests rudely asked for an autograph for her daughter. Later I
privately asked if this annoyed him. He said that whenever he started to
feel annoyed about autographs he reminded himself of when he was in drama
school dreaming of the day when people would come up to him on the street
and ask for an autograph. He said the feeling quickly diminished and the
horror of thinking of when people didn't took hold.

The price of becoming a legend works both ways.

--Dick Sullivan