Re: Frames for gold-toned pop images

From: epona (acolyta@napc.com)
Date: 04/26/02-07:37:49 AM Z

Hi dina,

I just framed a gold-toned POP last month, and boy, did I have a heck of a time
finding a good frame. I ended up going with a neutral gray mat and a dark wood
frame with some raised scroll work. The wash was done so that the raised
parts had a warm red color to them, but the shallow crevices had a cooler,
greener look. It matched the highlights and shadows of my print almost
perfectly, as the shadows were real warm and the highlights were cooler. Wish
I had a pic of it framed for you but I don't. Of course, none of this will
probably help you very much seeing that there are a million possible hues that
can be created by toning a POP in gold - and I have no idea what your print
looks like. The variances of color that can occur in one print make it
difficult to choose a good frame. I suggest looking at the wooden ones, as you
might get lucky like I did and find one that jives with your print.

If you're broke, you can always get some plexi cut to the size of your matted
prints, and use those L-shaped pins to attach your plexi/mat/print sandwich to
the wall. Also gets rid of the color matching issue!

Cheers,
Christine

--
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.  He to whom this