Re: Newton Rings

From: Bob and Carla (bb333@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/27/02-08:44:18 PM Z

Sandy,
    If you are using two pieces of glass, you need to treat only the
base side of the top piece, if you are printing "right-reading" (as
opposed to the "emulsion side") of the top piece of glass, by getting it
sand-blasted by the minimum degree...they offer less-to-more degrees.
It's the face of the glass that comes in contact with the smooth (base)
side of the film that causes Newton Rings. I buy a new piece of glass
for this instead of texturizing an existing one. It costs very little,
and I've never had a problem.

Robert.