Re: a good lens dealer?

From: Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Date: 08/16/02-02:30:51 AM Z

Before you send the lens and shutter back, consider the quality of the lens
and what you paid for it. If it can be replaced, or is it a 'vintage lens'
now out of production?

I have two sets of Turner Reich, triple convertble lenses. That makes a
plasmat set, with two shutters. The f-stop scale on both shutters covers
just about any combination I can put together.

Having spent $20 having the shutters times, I found one of the shutters,
that measures on the scale for the 24 inch lens up to f-90 and with a
shutter speed set at one second, actually times to 1.2 seconds. With the 28
inch lens, set on f-64 as measured for the 24 inch lens the one second speed
compenstats perfectly and my exposures are always dead on accurate.

It's not the shutter that captures the light, Ms Stoney, but the lens. So,
before you turn in your appratus, consider the glass.

Advice is cheep. Best to you.

S. Shapiro