Re: a good lens dealer?

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 08/16/02-07:38:46 AM Z

Shannon,

Typical mechanical shutters require use in order to keep them operating in
the range of specs. Even some of the shutter speeds on 35mm cameras with
electronic timers will
run long if they are not used regularly.

Whenever I use a lense that hasn't been used in a while, I simply exercise
it using the longest shutter speed it has - doing so generally causes the 1
sec to come back to very close to 1 second. I have done this for years on
my large & medium format camers with good results - even my Hasselblad
lenses and my older Canon F1's.

BTW, I have a 12" Kodak Commercial Ektar f6.3 with the original Ebony/Black
velvet case.
Have no idea of value, but it's in perfect condition sans the shutter
speeds. Also have the special
flash cable.

Good luck,

Nick Makris