Mud wrestling

From: Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: 08/18/02-01:09:48 PM Z

Over the past decade while photographing in very rural NV, in the town of
Gabbs one year, during the 4th of July (about 110ºF), prior to the Rodeo,
there was a women's mud wrestling contest ($10 to participate) and Tarantula
races. The Tarantula is the High School mascot and they migrate through
there in the 100's looking for mates. Recently the mud wrestling was
replaced by cow chip tossing contests. Though the attendance is small, the
people are wonderful . . and the grub aint bad.
Jack Fulton