Re: language discussion on the ethics of repeating, for illustration, prejorative terms

From: Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Date: 08/22/02-09:49:05 PM Z

I agree with Claudia.

As apoint in fact, the term for a man interested in little boys, sexually
is from Dickens' "Oliver Twist." In the story was a bad guy named Fagon,
hense the term for a 'bad dude,' a fagon; and he was prone to "take pleasure
in taking a stick from a packet of faggots and beating the bare buttocks of
one pretty little boy or another." Hense, the term for taking pleasure of
one little boy upon another was to call them a faggot.