Re: negative intensification

From: Clay Harmon (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 08/23/02-12:35:43 PM Z

on 8/23/02 1:04 PM, Shannon Stoney at shannonstoney@earthlink.net wrote:
> What films are known for being responsive to longer development?

FP4+, Tri-X, Tmax100 and Tmax400 all respond well to longer development with
little rise in B+F

HP5 starts getting a high B+F with extended development and shoulders off at
a gamma less than about .8 with conventional non-staining developers.
Sandy's recent test of D-19 may be a way to get higher contrast with a
non-staining developer with this film, however. I haven't tried it yet. A
staining developer such as Rollo Pyro or PyrocatHD will give you the
contrast you need for alt-processes.

Bergger BPF200, Fortepan 200 (Same thing), and Fortepan400 are in my opinion
only usable for alt-process work with a staining developer. They reach gamma
infinity very quickly in conventional developers. Again, I haven't tried
D-19 yet with either of these films.

I haven't tried Fuji Acros yet. Anyone out there tested this stuff?

Clay