Re: Blue Boy(s)

From: roger kockaerts (permadocument@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/27/02-10:52:16 AM Z

Hello Don,
If you mount your cyanotypes on archival board, take care to choose a non alkaline board as the cyanotype process is sensible to pH > 7. If, on exposure to light during a certain period, your prints seem to fade, put them back in darkness and they will redarken.Otherwise no special precautions are required. Use only archival safe materials and all will be well.
Greetings,
Roger

dsbryant@mindspring.com a écrit : Late last week out of the blue I received in the mail two antique cyanotype
prints (circa 1900) printed on cloth (linen I think).

These were made by the grandfather of a friend of mine from a Kodak cyanotype
printing kit. The prints are roughly 2.25 inches x 3.75 inches in size and are
quite lovely. There is very little discoloration of the cloth and in general
are in very good condition. Apparently they have been stored away in some kind
of trunk for many years.

My question to the group is: How can I mounted and frame these? Included in
the letter were the original instructions from the kit and I wish to include
that in the frame. It too is in excellent shape. So these materials are new to
me as far as framing goes and I have no idea how to proceed.

Thanks,

Don Bryant

Roger Kockaerts
Permadocument - pH7