Re: The Pictorial Nude and Pictorialism Generally

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 08/27/02-08:26:56 AM Z

Hi Jeff,
I'm curious how you got saddled with the idea that a pictorial
photograph should be of a picturesque subject. To my mind, pictorialism
is about philosophy and, to a lesser extent, process, but the content
could be anything. You should take pictures of whatever draws you to
take pictures of it, try to give your own unique perspective on it
whatever it is, and not worry so much about the categories, IMHO.
Katharine Thayer