Re: photos on metal - laser engraving.

From: epona (acolyta@napc.com)
Date: 08/28/02-01:59:05 PM Z

Along thos lines, I have a pre WWII teacup from Japan that has a
photo-realistic portrait of a beautriful young woman in the bottom, visible
when held to the light. I've always thought it quite fabulous and wondered
how it was done? The image is also in relief.

Cheers,
Christine

P.S. I notice the list has been very quiet since the "meaning of art"
discussions taper off.....

--
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.  He to whom this