Re: Artist I have been looking at during this nude discussion

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 08/30/02-08:05:30 PM Z

Nope, cannot agree. At all. And I know Ruth.
Bill Brandt in my mind. He looked at the nude through an art eye . . most of
the time. His is the only work which took the body and removed the camera.
Kertesz distortions accomplished something, Ruth boxed 'em up like a
package. But Bill Brandt came truly from a Surreal arena and used that fresh
thinking to see differently.
Though Hans Bellmer tried w/string and dolls, I, well, wont comment.
Jack